How to combine two dives in SmartTrak

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hatul

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
It's common in our shore diving to surface to take a bearing, swim a little on the back, and continue to dive. This gets erroneously recorded as two dives in SmartTrak. How do I combine these into one dive?

In the long run, what difference does it really make? Don't bother.

If affects the dive numbering, as I copy to a paper logbook and want the numbers to match. Also some of the dive statistics such as dive time and tank pressures are off.

i would be interested in this as well. I typically delete the shortest one, and make a note of total bottom time and air. I record the log bok as them together with note as well to match computer.

I've never been able to merge two dives, and I've tried all kinds of methods....I am pretty sure it's not possible with the current release of the software.

I've never been able to merge two dives, and I've tried all kinds of methods....I am pretty sure it's not possible with the current release of the software.

Yes, and no. The software as is does not hve that ability. However, The dives are stored in a Microsoft Database (Access). E-ail me fo rhte pssword. Tht would allow you to manually update the header. The problem is that I have not deciphered the detail dive info (the depth and pressure markings by interval.) I can also writ the programmer (I have cooresponded with him) and request that in the next release of the software (don't hold your breath).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom