how to clean a tank for nx40 max by membrane

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For the moment it's an ordinary compressor, L&W 450ES with the NRC membrane which should go on it, but i will certainly go through a total cleanup and make it oxy-clean this winter, and probably will do the tanks then too, like that i'm sure that the whole loop is oxy clean, it's always better.

milkathecow:
For the moment it's an ordinary compressor, L&W 450ES with the NRC membrane which should go on it, but i will certainly go through a total cleanup and make it oxy-clean this winter, and probably will do the tanks then too, like that i'm sure that the whole loop is oxy clean, it's always better.

Rember you will be pumping enriched gas through the compressor, regardless of how clean it is going in, if the compressor is oil lubricated you increase the risk.. There have been MANY fires doing this on "ordinary" compressors, The lowest I have head of was 32%..

Buy a better compresor like a RIX used sa3s and sa6 can be found quite reasonable used, then build a continuous mixing system.. the total for this will probably be less than its going to cost you for a new membrane.. (plus membrane systems have a limited life)

If you already had an oil free compressor the membrane would be a viable choice.. (you just have to make sure the gas going into the membrane is clean otherwise youll kill the membrane prematurely)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom