How to choose a good regulator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

practically all the regs have basic design on the inside. for first stage, a balanced piston or diaphragm are pretty standard though there are still a few reliable non balanced piston models available. I like the idea of a diaphragm as that would seem less prone to internal corrosion as pressure is transmitted via a diaphragm.

For second stage. there is adjustable and non adjustable. The adjustment knob is handy but not necessary.

I think the best thing with regard to regulator reliability is careful and adequate rinsing . I have a 30 year old sherwood oasis and more recent dive rite. The sherwood needed a new piston but has been a great "go to" reg for many years and is still my lender reg.

I also think a computer on a console is good That way you have one less piece of loose eqpt. like a wrist computer to accidentally leave on a boat. If you have your regulator set, you also have the computer too. you will not have the wrist computer kicked under a seat and get left on a dive boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom