How to center G250 purge button

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As you can see the teeth on the plate are between maybe 7-9 o'clock, the ridge on the button is at around 4 o'clock. For the ridge to engage with any of the teeth it is way off center. If centered but not engaged with teeth, it doesn't lock into position and can be rotated easily in either direction. Also the purge action is stiffer, I assume from the ridge binding with the non teeth surface of the face plate.
IMG_2053.JPG
IMG_2054.JPG
IMG_2055.JPG

The cream indicates where teeth are on the plate are and where ridged leg is on the purge button.

All of mine "spin", with the exception of the g250v which has a lock for storage to take pressure off the seat. Now, they don't spin easily, but they aren't locked in orientation.

The design of the ridge and teeth would indicate that it's suppose to lock in position other wise they are a waste of time. I'm almost positive they are not supposed to freely spin.

(Bob, small as this issue is, it's another straw...)

Just for shits and giggles Bob, line up the ridge with any of the teeth and notice how much more freely the purge depresses.

The only other thing I can think of is due to age the face plates are screwing on further than they did from new.

None of mine purge difficultly.

upload_2016-11-10_10-29-13.png
this is a G200/G200b, but the same, and in fact by changing the air barrel, can be a G250. part #36 just snaps in, to part #34 and can rotate to any desired alignment... The 5 or 6 I have are this way.... On the G250v, they implemented a pin to aligh the cover due to the "seat saver"....

I'll look at mine when I get home, but I just can't picture the issue you are having...

They don't purge with difficulty exactly but not as freely as when the leg ridge is aligned with one of the plates teeth.

Perhaps my explanation is unclear, it's late, I'll try to articulate better tomorrow. In the meantime if anyone understands what I'm talking about please shout out, it'll make me feel less stupid/crazy. Cheers.

FWIW I do have three that have locked in a centered position.

If some lock and some don't, why? If the not locking is "normal" why have the ability to lock? Is it random? Do all owners of G250s have spinning purge buttons? I'm super curious just to understand what is or what's not going on.

I apologize for being like a dog with a bone. I just want to know, it's in my nature.

I guess the decal could be specific to each plate/case and is added after assembly when purge is locked into position? That would explain why some lock and mix and matched ones may not. Although thus seems doubtful from a spare parts perspective. I'd ask SP but they wouldn't reply so won't bother.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom