How to celebrate #100 in a non-traditional way?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oreocookie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Barring major disaster, I'll be doing dive #100 tomorrow morning. I know what the tradition is for #100 and while I'd not normally want to follow it (just the kind of person I am), I really don't want to follow tradition given that I'm currently a DMT and #100 will be assisting with a Rescue Diver class. So... Any suggestions on non-traditional ways to mark the occasion?

100 feet for dive 100.
100 minute dive (obviously shallow)
buy all your dive buddies lunch / dinner / drinks
dive in a neutral colored dive skin so it looks like youre naked.

Damn, 99 is going to be a 100 footer. I like that idea though.

whats the traditional way? i have my own thoughts for #100, but maybe i cant speak of it on here....

I think the tradition for 100 is that it's supposed to be nekkid. What's the world coming to when we don't care about upholding tradition??

I think the tradition for 100 is that it's supposed to be nekkid. What's the world coming to when we don't care about upholding tradition??

The world doesn't dive mostly in Nova Scotia. Though I have used the shorty once.
here.

Take a slate with "100" prominently written on it, and have somebody take a photo of you holding it. That's about the best you're going to do, if you're DMing a class.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom