How to carry the primary mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If being transported and until gearing up my expensive Atomic Frameless or Scubapro Frameless prescription masks go in their plastic boxes inside a neoprene bag. Once geared up and I am staged but not about to dive yet, on my forehead glass forward where I have worn my masks for 50 plus years without incident. A mask will not fog worn forward anymore than worn goofy (backwards) and in a split second the mask can be pulled onto my face ready to go. When ready to Dive, Dive, Dive, be it from boat or a shore/surf entry, the mask is on my face where it belongs and regulator in my mouth. I reverse coming out. Between dives I place the mask either back in the neoprene bag or hook the strap over the yoke knob and pull it forward under the inflator. I had a mask crushed leaving it in a fin pocket, the fins slid out from under the bench in rough water and the fin was stepped on by another diver breaking the lens. That was really a freak thing though. N

Foot pocket of a fin.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom