How to buy used fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sbiriguda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Last time I bought used fins it was easy... they still had the price tag. The guy who sold them to me bought them few months deciding he had to quit diving...

This time is different. I am buying fins "in very good condition" but not "never used in water"
Ok, they are fins. You look them and check they are not bent, too much scratched, etc. etc.
Is there anything else I should know, some tricks like the ones for buying used regs or similar?
Thanks

I would look at the condition of straps and hardware they are attached to. Straps may be cracked/worn, metal hardware (if any) may be corroded. Latter is obviously not an issue for fins made entirely of plastic.

Ok thanks for the suggestions
I am planning to replace the straps anyway but that's a good point, especially the metal hardware (if any, in this case it should be entirely made of plastic)

Back
Top Bottom