how to build your own (cheap) light canister...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another great light is born. LOL Good job Justin, looks like an expensive name brand light.

I have that clear tubing on my stage bottles as well. Those stainless steel clamps are sharp, I've cut myself on them several times, so I figured it was a good idea to keep from cutting something expensive like a BC.

Keep up the good work guys the lights are looking great.

Nice lights. I have a question about flattening the PVC. I have a PVC heating gun, but couldn't I place the pieces in the oven on 250 degrees or greater and soften the PVC until I could flatten it between two pieces of wood or something else.

murphdivers286:
Nice lights. I have a question about flattening the PVC. I have a PVC heating gun, but couldn't I place the pieces in the oven on 250 degrees or greater and soften the PVC until I could flatten it between two pieces of wood or something else.

Yes, that works much better but try 400 degrees for 4 to 5 minutes. Set a couple of scuba tanks on top of the plywood and let it cool.

Back
Top Bottom