How to attach Air Integrated Pod and Backup SPG to regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joe135

New
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
What is the correct way to hook up Air Integrated Pod and a backup SPG to the regulator? Should they both attach to different high pressure ports or is it necessary to use a splitter on the same high pressure port?

What is the correct way to hook up Air Integrated Pod and a backup SPG to the regulator? Should they both attach to different high pressure ports or is it necessary to use a splitter on the same high pressure port?
I agree that you probably don't need both. There's no correct way to do both, but I'd suggest you ensure that the transmitter is pointed toward the bottom of the tank. If it isn't, some knucklehead will attempt to "open" it like a valve, or attempt to pick your tank up with it.

No need for a splitter - attach each to their own HP port.

I’d suggest mounting the transmitter so it’s on the same side as where you wear your computer to help minimize dropouts/loss of signal.

Some folks mount transmitters on a short hose (6” or less) to help avoid someone mistaking it for a valve and loosening it or, worse, lifting the tank by it (which could break it). I’ve used 2 transmitters mounted directly (no short hose) for several years and have not had any issues - but up to you on making the call on need for a short hose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom