How the heck do I mount this light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubachris82

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Everyone,

I just got an older AUL 50 watt halogen canister light. I am trying to mount it on my halcyon BP/W setup (it also has the ACB weight pocket system and a pioneer 27lb wing). I was wondering how people go about mounting these canisters (quite large, 13-14" high and about 4" diameter). I'm not a DIR guy, but I like the idea of mounting it on my right side instead of beside the tank (where a pony bottle would go) so that I can access the switch during a dive.

Any help, pictures, just about anythign would be a great help, because right now I'm kind of stumped.

Thanks,

Chris

scubachris82:
Hi Everyone,

I just got an older AUL 50 watt halogen canister light. I am trying to mount it on my halcyon BP/W setup (it also has the ACB weight pocket system and a pioneer 27lb wing). I was wondering how people go about mounting these canisters (quite large, 13-14" high and about 4" diameter). I'm not a DIR guy, but I like the idea of mounting it on my right side instead of beside the tank (where a pony bottle would go) so that I can access the switch during a dive.

Any help, pictures, just about anythign would be a great help, because right now I'm kind of stumped.

Thanks,

Chris

Are you asking how to mount it or where to mount it? I haven't mounted a can light, but I would think a couple of hose clamps with some webbing between the two would make an effective belt loop for you 2" webbing.

okay, you got me on that one, I know how to mount it, just not where. I'd like to see some pictures of peoples configurations if anybody has any. Do most people put it on the weight belt, or on the webbing, or somehow mount it to the backplate itself. I'm just curious, I suppose I can mount it like a pony bottle, but that isn't ideal, and I'd like to avoid that.

Chris

Mount it on your waist belt, off to the right side, as far back as it will go. Keep it in place by just clamping a weight belt buckle over the webbing in front of it.

Your right ACB pocket should have a SS buckle attached to it, than there should be a piece of webbing connected to the BP on the height of the waist belt. After attaching some webbing to the canister with SS hose clamps as Otter suggested, you thread the canister on the short piece of webbing attached to the BP and attach the loose end of this webbing with the SS buckle to the right ACB pocket.
Hope you were able to understand my description of the attachment method. If I have the time, I'll take couple of pics and post them.

scubachris82:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks,

Chris

http://www.giddins.net/scuba/canister_light/canister_acb.htm

Been diving the Bungeeroo for years. Hundreds of dives, never a problem.

Works great if you dive the ACB20 or 12 where there is no buckle.

---
Ken

Back
Top Bottom