How strong of a swimmer are you?

How strong of a swimmer are you?

• I can best a Navy SEAL in a triathalon

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I swim confidently without fins or flotation

Votes: 106 83.5%
  • I need my fins to survive

Votes: 12 9.4%
  • I paid off my instructor to avoid that part of my diver certification!

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Swimming is my main exercise, between 2 and 3 km five days a week, 57 years young with Systemic Lupus, without it I would probably seize up completely!

I voted I could best a Navy SEAL, but honestly, that was back when I was one... :) I'm still a pretty strong swimmer though, as I hit some really hard currents in Aitutaki, and could still make some headway against them.
At Rarotonga, I was off from our beachfront house, 600M almost to the reef in no time flat. Kinda scared the wife watching in her telephoto from shore.

I never was a fan of water even though I did well on my swim quals in the Marine Corps (the yelling does wonders for your motivation). Almost drowned as a kid which kind of put a downer on any water sports. A few years back my husband convinced me to do a tiny triathlon which got me back in the pool. Then, I started diving and that really helped overcome any residual fears. Recently I've gone back to the pool full-force trying to better my times and get stronger. I am sloooooow, but can knock 800m out with no problems.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom