How soon to buy a drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I second checking out Santi suits.

Since it's a big financial commitment, definitely test dive both DUI and Santi so you can compare first hand. Pay attention to fit, seam construction, dump placement (e.g.: further back on arm) and panel layout. I owned a White Fusion Bullet, test dove a DUI Flx- Extreme and Santi E-lite. I choose the Santi. Do a search on this board and you will find many threads.

As far as how soon.....sooner the better!

Here are a few posts of mine:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ex...uch-will-good-drysuit-cost-2.html#post6274151

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ex...-whites-fusion-bullet-tech-2.html#post6274212

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ex...y-neoprene-suit-warm-water-2.html#post6270085

What did you like in Santi more compared to DUI ?

I was planning eventually to replace my Bare Trilam with CLX450 but I'm still researching.

I answered this same question on the third link.

I dove the Flx-Extreme and the Santi E-Lite and compared them side by side. Both great suits. BUT.... The Santi IMHO had better/bigger thigh pockets, better attached boots (Flex Soles), better / tougher seam construction. It was an easy decision. The Santi is built like a tank but dives like an expensive sports car. Give
Wayne
or Jason a call at
The Scuba Connection
@ 908-359-1250. They are a wealth of information. The more I dive with the gear they recommended, the more I see the wisdom.

Santi E-Lite: I loved this suit so much I left a review on the website.

Here is a link for the Santi E-lite pocket . The pockets have bungies built into the pocket, the wetnotes pocket, and the little zipper pocket for extra double enders. They also have precut slots on the sides for extra bungie loops if needed. They also put the soft velcro is on the flap part so when you put your hand in the pocket, the sleave isn't rough up as it would be with the hook (rough) side of the velcro. Oh and they are big!

The Flexsole boots are flexible in the ankle and tough but not bulky and heavy like rocks.

The ripstop fabric lays nicely, is very flexible and tough. I'm planning on using this suit for many, many years.

The seam construction is outstanding!

Dui and Santi are both great suits. I just found the Santi to be better based on a ton of research.

I have no skin in this. I'm just sharing my experience and hope to save others the money of buying twice.
My friend was testing out his new camera so hears a picture in action. You can also see a picture of me and my wife on the shores of Greece. I take my gear everywhere, less the lead and tanks of course.

Santi YouTube video

30.jpg

New Zipper which will be on all suit soon.

New Unamed suit which is two pounds lighter but not as tough as the E-Lite. But same awesome pockets.

429370_389338934426090_143933255633327_1474370_1734332833_n.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom