How soon to buy a drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought a pair of steel 100 tanks and have a year supply of nitrox air fill cards so I am good to go until end of next year in terms of gear :)
Those tanks will be with you in one form or another for years to come. Some bands and a manifold, and you now have a set of doubles. As I said that is what I did. Bought a set of Worthington HP100's and dove them as singles, then switched to HP130's for single tank diving and doubled my HP100's. Nitrox is a good thing. I don't dive air anymore.

After trying out the DUI drysuits this summer I can decide which drysuit meets my needs and save up. By then more experience and also want to learn underwater photography/video so a camera setup will be in the works. Just want to focus this year on basics and experience so I am comfortable in the water.
From all the posts above you have an idea of when you will want to get a drysuit. The demo days are perfect for trying them on and getting deals. Also good to focus on your diving and get comfortable in the water before trying to carry a camera. When you can do an entire dive without touching anything then your hands are ready to be filled with new toys :)

Ben when you are ready to come up North for some diving let me know!

Did my AOW this past weekend dry and it's so much nicer than being wet on those multiple dive days.

My suit (Bare CD4 compressed neoprene) has latex wrist seals and a neoprene neck seal. While latex certainly leads to a more reliable seal and works great if you don't have allergies, I love the neoprene neck seal. I find it more comfortable around my neck than latex and never had a drop of water come in (the hood seals in between the neck seal and the outer layer, sans hood it might be a different story).

Very happy with my Bare suit. Good luck!

Cool and congrats on your new Bare drysuit. I don't get that cold after few dives in Monterey with my Lavacore under semi-dry Excel Polartech 8mm suit. Figure it costs a lot less than a new drysuit and can wait another year until I try the DUI drysuits this summer and see how I like diving dry. Have to budget for scuba and having the rest of my gear this year plus a few fun trips was more important. I can get the drysuit next year along with a camera.

Did my AOW this past weekend dry and it's so much nicer than being wet on those multiple dive days.

My suit (Bare CD4 compressed neoprene) has latex wrist seals and a neoprene neck seal. While latex certainly leads to a more reliable seal and works great if you don't have allergies, I love the neoprene neck seal. I find it more comfortable around my neck than latex and never had a drop of water come in (the hood seals in between the neck seal and the outer layer, sans hood it might be a different story).

Very happy with my Bare suit. Good luck!
I have the very same suit and Ive never been wet or cold in it, even in water that will litterarily freeze over while you swim through it.
well, except from my face and hands as I only use a thick wet hood and gloves..

Nice well based on what I've heard if you can afford it, DUI makes the best overall drysuit. I figure next year I hope to have the funds to budget for one and then dive dry.

Nice well based on what I've heard if you can afford it, DUI makes the best overall drysuit. I figure next year I hope to have the funds to budget for one and then dive dry.

Look into Santi. I've seen a lot of dedicated DUI fans switching over.

I second checking out Santi suits.

Since it's a big financial commitment, definitely test dive both DUI and Santi so you can compare first hand. Pay attention to fit, seam construction, dump placement (e.g.: further back on arm) and panel layout. I owned a White Fusion Bullet, test dove a DUI Flx- Extreme and Santi E-lite. I choose the Santi. Do a search on this board and you will find many threads.

As far as how soon.....sooner the better!

Here are a few posts of mine:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ex...uch-will-good-drysuit-cost-2.html#post6274151

[url]http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/exposure-suits/410061-help-me-decide-whites-fusion-bullet-tech-2.html#post6274212
[/URL]

[url]http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/exposure-suits/414492-diving-dry-neoprene-suit-warm-water-2.html#post6270085
[/URL]

I did test some DUI suits before buying my BARE, but although they where very comfortable on shore, I did not like them under water, mostly from the fact that they where more semi-dry than dry :/

well in my view is devil in details... I'm buying m first drysuit (primary because of buoyancy controll and probably doubles ) for quite of time . I have chechked several tables of BARE , SCUBAPRO, SANTI all trilaminate (DUI is too expensive for Europe ) .

Problem was that all my measures go between for some cm on XXL to XXXL. I have no chance to chechk or try some that big suite.
Last week were in Krnica in Croatia SANTI DEMO days and I with my friend take day off and go on trip to neighbour country.

I want from SANTI stuff to measure me with their own way . ....all measurments like always variable between XXL and XXXL but then Tomasz told me that is one quite out of range and that was called '' Body trunk'' which comes frombottom neck through the crotchto centre back point (you have to know in which position) that measurments was 25cm more than regular . So I'm in way to made suit ''made to measure''

Summary : It is good to madeyou size check by producer tehnical stuff !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom