How Should I Store my Wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

V. G. McGillicuddy

Contributor
Reaction score
Is it okay to roll my 'suit up and store it in my dive bag, or should I leave it hanging in my closet? I would prefer the dive bag method in order to make more closet room, but I'm not sure if it would be good for the 'suit to be constantly rolled up.
I tried a search and didn't come up with anything.

Thanks,
McGill

I hang mine in the closet on nice big hangers :)

Paul in VT

I hang, Cause if you roll you have a chance to crease it then its in the suit forever! hang on a wetsuit or large hanger away from a stove or furnace of electric motors, and for long term put a bag over it.
Brad

Hang it in the closet on a broad hanger. Maybe drop a trash bak over it to keep the dust off. Get a sturdy padded hanger (or make one) so the suit does not crush against the hanger. Other wise you will have a cold crease. If the closet is too crowded then put some of your other summer clothes in your gear bag.

Some folks lay it out spread eagle and cover it up under a bed.

Do not fold or stuff a wetsuit. Rolling is OK for short term moving/traveling. Days, not weeks.

Show your gear some love and it will take good care of you.

Pete

I just use the wetsuit hangers from a dive shop. I think Scuba Toys has them for like $5.

If you value your wetsuit, hang it up on a very wide hanger. I either use wetsuit hangers or 3 heavy duty plastic hangers to keep from creasing the suit.

Take all the advice so far and hang your wetsuit using a thick hanger(s). I forgot to store my first wetsuit that way and it had a permanent crease on the arms and legs where I folded them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom