How R U on basic hand signals?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agreed with all who posted about the "loser" sign. 14/15 :rofl3:

Well personally I've never SEEN it, but I have used it a number of times in the manner most associate with it.

:spit:

14/15... I'd really hope the 'low blood sugar' would definitely come up if you were paired with a diabetic instabuddy. That one would have never occurred to me.

14/15 - didn't know "boat"...... Thought it should be a signal for "how much is my tip?"...

I never use "L" over your forehead for low blood sugar, I use it as loser or low on brains

Agreed with all who posted about the "loser" sign. 14/15 :rofl3:

Same score for same reason. When I got to the :lotsalove: question, I thought the test was going to be a parody.

c

"L" for low blood sugar must be a tropical diver sign.

I can't imagine an underwater finger prick to test for it while wearing dry gloves or 5 mm wet gloves. ;-)

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14/15... I'd really hope the 'low blood sugar' would definitely come up if you were paired with a diabetic instabuddy. That one would have never occurred to me.

Personally, I disagree that "Loser" sign should EVER be a signal. If you're paired with anyone that suffers such an affliction, the proper sign -- IMO -- should be a thumb, period. And, as Cave Diver suggested, the "something's wrong". Either way, abort the dive and keep an eye on the buddy that aborted.

Besides, as often as I give that sign to certain football team fans . . . Not good!:shakehead:

Once I gave another diver the sign for shark. He and his buddy had never seen a shark before. He didn't understand. I guess I had my thumb out and he thought I was calling him a loser. He never saw the shark. Oh well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom