How Old Were You When You Started SCUBA?

How Old Were You When You Started SCUBA?

• Less than 15

Votes: 22 14.9%
  • 16-20

• 21-25

Votes: 18 12.2%
  • 26-30

• 31-35

Votes: 24 16.2%
  • 36-40

Votes: 20 13.5%
  • 41-45

Votes: 13 8.8%
  • 46-50

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • 51-55

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • 56+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was 14 when I did the PADI pool and classroom training through a State college that offered it over the summer. I passed that but didn't have any decent lakes near me to do open water dives. Also there were no dive shops within' 100 miles of where I lived so diving kinda fizzled out for me. Fourteen years later I finally got certified through NAUI and now I'm a SCUBA freak!

Seems like something I've wanted to do almost all my life, at least from the very early teens. I kind of regret all those years of diving I missed; I started my BOW class this January, right around my 31st birthday. It was 15 weeks long, so I've just finished and am itching to do my OW dives!

Chris

My father "taught" me when I was about 10. I got certified at 12. Unfortunately I'm now 43 :(

Tom

48. It was my wife's mid-life crisis. Mine involved a Fiero!

I was 25 but I wish I had started much earlier.

Chad

Always figured I'd Skydive before Scuba. At least I could breath all the way to the ground. Wow, I didn't realize what I was missing. I could have went to SCUBA school after Amphib. Recon School. I'd have about 20 years experience now.

Oh well....shoulda, coulda, woulda

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom