How old do you plan to dive til?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If only there was a Great Lakes dive boat with an elevator.
I think I heard about one somewhere but understand the captain is rather grumpy. Must have lived longer than he planned.

I think I heard about one somewhere but understand the captain is rather grumpy. Must have lived longer than he planned.
The captain is a funny grump. 😂🤣

It certainly gets harder as you age. I am pushing 77 and continue to dive the cold water of the Great Lakes and will be visiting Vancouver Island in April and hope to get to Newfoundland again this year. I have switched from a 130hp to a 100hp for back-mount and LP 50's instead of 100hp's for side-mount. The biggest problem is climbing the boat ladder with bad knees.
Same here, the back can't handle the weight of the tanks and weight belt. I can struggle up but then pay for it later in the day. Now I take my gear off in the water and the boat crew are happy to pull it up for me.

I’m 74 now, and went on a trip to FL a month ago. The hardest part was the grueling drive down (don’t ask!) so I lost my first day diving to recovery time. Anyway, I had a day of boat diving @ Pompano Beach, then a shore dive the next day @ BHB.
I plan on limiting myself to easy boat dives and very easy shore dives in warm climates. Travel will be done in such a way as to not be it’s own adventure. When in doubt, I’ll rest!
I’m still buying and upgrading gear and hope to dive at least to 80.
🐸
We used to snowbird to Destin on the Panhandle. I know that drive all too well. Of the 5 combines lifetime speeding tickets my wife & I have, two were on I-81 in Va.

My partner turns 70 mid year and has a bad back, meaning we have changed the way we dive. I have a dodgy knee. We brought one of those horrible 4 wheel collapsible cart things for pier diving. My knee really appreciates it. She now strolls down the pier with her camera, no stress no strain. No plans on giving up.

If I had known I was going to live this long I would have looked after myself better, when I was young and indestructible 😁

71 this year and I hope to carry on for as long as I am fit and capable to do so.

My drysuit needs renewed and I'm diving wet right now. I can just about tolerate two 60 min dives at 23C in my 5mm.
BHB = Blue Heron Bridge, possibly one of the world’s greatest shore dive.
Been there and done it with @Scuba_Jenny several years ago
If I had known I was going to live this long I would have looked after myself better, when I was young and indestructible
Agreed, I thought WWIII was going to happen in the 80s and lived like tomorrow wasn't going to happen.

Back
Top Bottom