How old do you plan to dive til?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I always joked I wanted to die at age 90, when I'm eaten by a tiger shark while diving. (The tiger shark is to ensure I'm diving in a tropical location.)

Honestly, though I think it may depend on where I'm living. If I live someplace tropical, it'll be a lot older than if I stay where I am. Love diving cold water, but the mountain of gear (and associated weight) aren't a lot of fun until I'm actually in the water. Hmmm, maybe a I just need a SCUBA valet?

Reactions: BRT
I'm 55 now, and my hope is to keep diving as much as possible until I retire - and then really dive a lot. That'll be at 62 at the latest (fingers crossed), so if I can get another 15 years on top of that, I'll be happy. Trying to stay healthy and fit now to give myself the best chance at staying active later.

I will dive as long as I have the strength to equip myself, and when I die, I will scatter my ashes into the sea.

my father did his first dives at the age of 81. I plan on diving until I can't. and even then, I'll probably cheat a little.

I’m 74 now, and went on a trip to FL a month ago. The hardest part was the grueling drive down (don’t ask!) so I lost my first day diving to recovery time. Anyway, I had a day of boat diving @ Pompano Beach, then a shore dive the next day @ BHB.
I plan on limiting myself to easy boat dives and very easy shore dives in warm climates. Travel will be done in such a way as to not be it’s own adventure. When in doubt, I’ll rest!
I’m still buying and upgrading gear and hope to dive at least to 80.
🐸

I'm 76 and also wondering how long I can keep diving. My last two dives were on 4 Feb this year. Did two wreck dives on the Waikato war ship on 32% nitrox. Max depth 30.3M (99 feet). Cold water with a one knot current at the surface.

Dive partner was an insta buddy who we figured out later had performed surgery on my wife three years earlier and told her to stop diving at age 72 due to the weights causing problems.
wow great hope to do like you i am 48.

I’m 74 now, and went on a trip to FL a month ago. The hardest part was the grueling drive down (don’t ask!) so I lost my first day diving to recovery time. Anyway, I had a day of boat diving @ Pompano Beach, then a shore dive the next day @ BHB.
I plan on limiting myself to easy boat dives and very easy shore dives in warm climates. Travel will be done in such a way as to not be it’s own adventure. When in doubt, I’ll rest!
I’m still buying and upgrading gear and hope to dive at least to 80.
Ditto.
Except the bit about going to FL , Pompano Beach and BHB [what ever that is], the rest is just about the same.
I will try to extend it past 80, if I can.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom