How often do you go on a California live-aboard?

How often do you go on a California live-aboard?

• I have not gone on a California live-aboard and am not too interested in going

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • I have gone on a California live-aboard and am not too interested in going again

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • I think I am good for one California live-aboard trip a year

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • I think I am good for two California live-aboard trips a year

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • I think I am good for three or more California live-aboard trips a year

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • I have not gone on a California live-aboard, but I would like to

Votes: 16 31.4%
  • I have gone on a California live-aboard, but I wouldn’t say I go regularly every year

Votes: 5 9.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah.... Last years Dec Channel Islands Trip on the Vision sucked... The crew is kewl as usual...But again... They only catered to the hunters.... I wont do one again with the LDS that does the DEC trips...

funny I was on that boat in dec. the Vision is a good boat and crew. I was there a few days before christmas. and they weren't catering to the hunters. took us to the goldfish bowl. on a not so bad weather day. took us forever to find that first dive. making for a short trip. I find that the truth aquatics boats carter to the new crowd. lots of lookielou and newly cert. or getting cert. cant take this crowd to an advanced dive location. better to find a old school dive club to get off the beat and path. I actually love hunting with photogs. no competition. usually make good buddy's. if they aren't vegetarians. nothing like sushi under water. cant get fresher.

For me, barely enough room on the limited load boats. Wouldn't go with a regular load.

For me, barely enough room on the limited load boats. Wouldn't go with a regular load.

This is pretty much the way I feel about the smaller boat, Truth. I was on a limited load trip last month on Truth with about 15 divers. It was just about right for my comfort level regarding galley seating space and head availability.

Last December/Jan I did a full trip on Vision and didn't feel cramped on the bigger boat (3 heads), except that the tank stations are awfully close together and when people jam their rig into those small spaces between two other units sometimes things get squeezed a little. My solution to this is to get there early and grab a stern end station. Then I can fold my BC/reg together in a tight roll and there's only one rig next door. If you don't fold your hoses into the BC at that station people will run around the corner and trip over your hoses. Not good.

Definitely fewer divers is nicer, but for me both Vision and Conception are still OK when full. Truth, I dunno, maybe not.

the vision and conception has nice bunks. and a wide beam. nice rides. but some of the better boats out there a the smaller ones. so what, your cramped. boo hoo... you at the freekin islands..... Ill sleep on the deck. and work out of a bucket. and the tank and a plate on deck. back ups stowed. I love to see how much crap some guys think thay need. the deck on these boats can get interesting. some rude MF out there. but most of us are having a ball!!! the santa barbara boats are a good place to get your feet wet. thats for sure..

Sounds like you'd do ok on King Neptune. Not a liveabourd but plenty cramped.

I'm not into being crowded either. never dove that boat. for a day boat I like the crew on the Explorer. Candee and Tony rock. and there is a dog on board for those dog owners who have to leave there best friends at home. these guys really know how to make you feel welcome. these guys have let me stay on board over night, even when the boat wasn't going out. waiting to catch another boat. now that's service. took us to excelent dive locations as well.. highly recommended!!! for a day boat. http://www.explorerdiveboat.com/

This is pretty much the way I feel about the smaller boat, Truth. I was on a limited load trip last month on Truth with about 15 divers. It was just about right for my comfort level regarding galley seating space and head availability.

Last December/Jan I did a full trip on Vision and didn't feel cramped on the bigger boat (3 heads), except that the tank stations are awfully close together and when people jam their rig into those small spaces between two other units sometimes things get squeezed a little. My solution to this is to get there early and grab a stern end station. Then I can fold my BC/reg together in a tight roll and there's only one rig next door. If you don't fold your hoses into the BC at that station people will run around the corner and trip over your hoses. Not good.

Definitely fewer divers is nicer, but for me both Vision and Conception are still OK when full. Truth, I dunno, maybe not.

I dive her sister boat to the truth as much as I can. the best crew in all of so cal!! and thats a fact!

never been on the truth, but the conception was really nice on a limited load. almost lonely some times...

I'm hoping to make a quicky 3 day'r this year. Maybe a followup to this thread could setup a group of sb'ers to the channel islands? Or we could just hijack it.

I to have never dove the truth as well. just her sister boat. Im already booked out on trips this year. next on the list is one week in Bonaire. one month away!! yah baby!! Im looking for a dive partner.. wana go Randolphscott. total trip cost me about 1700.oo and that included the passport cost.

Back
Top Bottom