How often do you dive(teen divers online)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello darren,

I'm also from singapore, I'm 19 and was certified as a diver 20 mths ago.
I did my OW in singapore (hantu) and it was an interesting experience! Vis was really really terible. But still, you'll be surprise over the amount of marine life in Singapore waters.
I've done 50+ dives so far in malaysia (tioman, aur, dayang and redang), been to bali twice (saw the mola mola!) and also to phuket and similans last year.
I would encourage you to do the rescue course cause i really enjoyed mine! Leant quite alot from it.
The only barrier i have to diving is the cost. And for teenagers, diving is a costly extravagant sport. (unless your dad's rich) I've spent almost $6000 on it, on equipment, courses and dive trips. Much sacrifice has been made to save money, for the 50 min of compressed air. But its worth every cent!
Its still quite rare for teens in singapore to dive, glad to hear that your parents are willing to let you try what many others deem as a "high risk" adventure.

HI there! I was also certified in singapore waters,yup there are alot of stuff here.I'm in SP dive club and there are quite a few divers here but as you said the finances is a big problem.I'm so glad that my parents are supportive of my diving.So far i have spent around $3600 on equipment, courses and dive trips.Do you have messenger? maybe we can chat more about diving...I have not been to redang and phuket and similans.I like P.Aur alot,tioman was so-so..So far i have only logged 25 dives.I have so many plans to go diving but not enough time.I have not touched the water for like 7 coming 8 weeks already...

im 18 and got certified in 2002 when i was 14 , now im advanced open water and i have about 50 or so dives, i will be doing my rescue cert soon

Im 15 now and I qualified on my 12th birthday. I'm coming up to my 250th dive. I dive irreguarly. Sometimes I go and might do 4 dives in a weekend. Or I might do 20 dives in 5 days. I'm not fussed about how many dives I do. What I'm fussed about is how good they are.

I'm 16, and somewhere around 75-80 dives... that included OW, AOW, Specelties, RSQ and (MDS).

[Qi have been diving for two years and have 56 dives and all gear but i can't find many people to dive with, i hope to dive this weekend and more charters. No kid at my school waN'TS TO DIVE i am pressident of school dive club but no one goes on dives it stinks
cheers
Flamebug aka drew

i have been diving for 1 year and i have 37 dives. i live in OH but i go down to mexico to dive

i only really dive when i can afford it so only hav 7 logged dives
hoping to do a drysuit course soon to make it more enjoyable
wish i culd dive more

Back
Top Bottom