How much would you pay to dive here????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so we did a couple of dives, had some gear issues that will be worked out in the future but I gotta say it was awsome! There is also the possability of doing a week long 6 pax live aboard kind of thing as they have the boat and it's not used in the summer much.

I'm thinking of putting something together similar to what you are talking about. I was thinking along the lines of B&B use in Girdwood with a 3 day trip (diving, fishing, and a flightseeing tour). The logistics wouldn't be hard. My only problem is rental gear. There's a wide range of dry suits that would have to be purchased and maintained. How would you handle this side of things?

Having run a shop with drysuits in rental...we carried shell suits by DUI with zip seals. That way, you can have several neck sizes for the same suit.

It's an investment...but you can always "add" to the price for the "drysuit option". That way your drysuits pay for themselves.

Also, in terms of your $600 price...that's in line. People pay $200 just to go out on a boat in many places for the day...and it AIN'T ALASKA. I would venture to say that the majority of the visitors you'll get are going to be making "the trip they've always wanted to do"...a one shot visit to Alaska...and it's not about the cost...it's about the experience.

Market it well, show the amazing adventure that they get...and they'll spend the money.

We are looking at a new dive operation here in Alaska. So here is the plan. From Scenic Homer Alaska, halibut capitol of the world, you catch a water taxi ride to beautiful Sadie cove and a world class resort. This is a roadless area backed by the kenai mtns and the Harding ice field wilderness area. You do 2/3 dives then spend the rest of your day exploring Kachemak bay by kayak or tour boat. You spend the night at the lodge while enjoying fantastic food and scenery. The next day you do two or three more dives, lunch then back to the mainland.
Dive highlights would include wolf fish, anemones(sp) starfish, rock fish and 70 pound octos as well as the biggest halibut you will ever see. Spearfishing would also be available.Rental gear would be available as would OW, AOW and dry suit certs.
The boat ride, food and lodging run about 300-350 for two.
Would you pay $600 for a package? If not how much?
If that's 300-350 for two divers, and not for EACH diver, I'd be very interested. PM me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom