How Many Texans?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gee whiz, just logging in was tougher than learning to dive.

I see that this spot was started by a technicle diver (at least that is what I think the referecne to your tanks is to). I've been looking for a group to stick with that can help me get better in diving. I was certified a couple years ago, and want to learn more. I dive when I can but it isn't enough.

Does everyone dive all winter, or do you wait til the ocean is warmer? I am on the right-coast and it gets cold!

Thank you for listening, and now I am going to see if I did this right.:confused:

Originally posted by rustyscubatool
Gee whiz, just logging in was tougher than learning to dive.

I see that this spot was started by a technicle diver (at least that is what I think the referecne to your tanks is to). I've been looking for a group to stick with that can help me get better in diving. I was certified a couple years ago, and want to learn more. I dive when I can but it isn't enough.

Does everyone dive all winter, or do you wait til the ocean is warmer? I am on the right-coast and it gets cold!

Thank you for listening, and now I am going to see if I did this right.:confused:

rustyscubatool....Welcome to Scuba Board.

All the forums can be a bit confusing at first but they will soon make sense to ya! If you'll complete your profile, we'll know a liitle bit about you. For instance, where are you from? There are probably folks in your general area you can hook up with. To do that, go to the top of the page, see a blue button that says User CP? That's your Control Panel. Click that and go to Edit Profile. If you get confused, just yell out...someone will hear ya!

I've been in Ft. Worth for about 36 years now. I 'm originally from Iowa. Answering my ancestrial call, I moved to Texas where my great, great, great, great grandfather was one of the original settlers in Tarrant county. No brag...just fact!

I received my O/W certification from Lone Star Scuba a few years back when diving was still allowed at Squaw Creek and I have been diving year round ever since.

Any suggestions for future certifications...

Howdy neighbor,

I couldn't have found a better time to jump onto the board with someone so close by...I have been watching the board for awhile and thought that this was as good a time as ever to come aboard.

I will be watching fer yah.

For Y'alls info, here is the North Texas roll call on this board:

TexasMike -- Denton
Tom Vyles -- The Colony
Texass -- Duncanville
CavernQT -- Mesquite
Campana -- Somewhere's east of Mesquite
Corsair & Seawolf -- Decatur
Better Late than Never -- Dallas
Randyjoy -- Wise County (watch out, he's a sherriff's deputy!)
BillP -- Dallas
Stell95s -- Fort Worth
TexasTek Diver -- Fort Worth
TrueTexan -- Wichita Falls

I think this covers just about everyone...my apologies if I left anyone out.

Mike...I think you forgot Zagnut!

For the Houston area contingent, we have....

Coldwater - Houston
Lovetodive2 - Houston
Mking1 - Houston
ScubaDuke -Houston
SueJ -Houston
ScubaTexasTony - we claim him for Houston although he stays up north on the weekends!
Dee and Beast - Highlands
And new ones interested that haven't made it on the board yet.

I've also met...
Davidofaustin - Austin
Bubbleslinger - Austin

I'm sure DamselFish has a complete list for Austin but I've just noticed from the board...
kgblair - Austin
carlislere - Austin

I probably left out someone so speak up if your name isn't here somewhere!

That's 25 and counting!

oops! And Zagnette (Kathleen) as well.

My apologies Johnny! I'll buy the half/halfs next round

Also, DeadEye (Midland)
->Larry<- (Austin)

Who else??? Speak up!

Sure are alot of people from Texas! I thought about moving there once, I've always wanted a big strong cowboy!!!! :wink:

I'm just now getting into diving. It's something I've always wanted to do. I live on the Texas coast about 60 miles west of Galveston. The Gulf has been too rough to dive just yet, but according to the guy at the dive shop there are some great offshore dives. I plan on diving the Guadalupe and Comal too.
Around June I'm gonna dive Cozumel !

C-horse...

Howdy and welcome to the clan!

Be sure to keep an eye on the "Texas" section as we will be posting regular diving announcements there. Also, if you have a hankering to get wet on a particular date, post your plans and you just might come up with some new dive buddies.

Our next big thing is going to be Lake Travis over Memorial Day weekend. I hope you can join up with us!

--Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom