How many tanks do you own?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sitka diver:
43 tanks in all
I have a compressor so I fill them myself. Makes diving alot cheaper.

I haven't been able to justify buying tanks. My reasoning is that it costs about $1.00 more to rent one than it does to have one filled, so it would take about 100 dives to pay off a tank. Add in the price of inspections, and you might never break even.

However, I ran across your post, and you own 43 tanks AND a compressor? Don't get me wrong, I'm jealous. I would love to have some tanks and a compressor. But what I don't understand is how this saves you money. Please enlighten me.

The ponies I can understand, as you might not be able to readily rent them, but I would like to know more about your circumstances, and why this is more economical for you.

Thanks.

1 AL80
1 Steel 72 that I bought in 1976. Still has the Healthways sticker wrapped around it.

Hey Sitkadiver - we are in Sitka too. We bought our own air compressor from an old guy who lives out smc down on Thimbleberry bay.
We've got probaby 15 misc. tanks (most of which were bought at the dive shop on beer friday when Brian has his "abandoned tank" sales).
So I've seen a few of your other posts - and seen your picture of Earl (are you crazy??)........ are you Dave S?

3 Pressed Steel 119's ......I absolutely love beyond measure
3 Al 80's

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom