How many Scouts and Scouters are on ScubaBoard (Boy Scouts)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been involved in scouting since 1996 and was a Scoutmaster for 5 years. I learned to dive at Claytor Lake, a BSA camp in Virginia. My son was certified there when he was 14. Since that time, we both have gotten our AOW and RD training and he has almost completed his Divemaster training. Our advanced training was with a Scuba Venture Crew in Stafford County VA. There is also a Scuba Venture Crew in Alexandria, VA. I have been to Seabase 3 times - 2 sailing and 1 scuba - and we are going this summer with one sailing crew and one scuba crew. Without Scouting, I probably wouldn't be a scuba diver.

Scouting's been berry, berry good to me!

Eagle Scout here.

Hmmm.... while this is an old thread, I never saw it before today.

I'm an Eagle Scout from many years ago and used to be extremely active in Scouting, including Order of the Arrrow, Vigil Honor Member of OA, Lodge Officer, OA Section Chief, and worked on the National Committee of the OA for planning of NOAC's.

Scouting is a great opportunity for any youth and you will always take the experiences you learn there with you in life.

-Mike

I am in the process of starting an Aviation Explorer post here in Williamsburg, VA. Looking for young people to join the post. I think this will be pretty much a blast assuming we get post members that are interested in doing something.

I am a scout out here in Tucson, Az. I am a life scout and really close to my eagle. I got dive certified just about two years ago. If any of you know about the big wild fires we had here then u know that the scout camp here (camp Lawton) was shut down due to fire danger. Because of that our decided we should all get certified and go diving. But Boy scouts didnt endorse diving then (it was only allowed as a activity for the crew) so we all met up in mexico for our cert trip "as family members and scouts all in the same place and at the right time". I have been diving many times since then and its really cool having your whole troop and crew dive certified! I just got my GF to join our crew so shes getting certified this summer. Heh i love diving and sscouting and so does my troop!!!

Life Scout (sadly never got Eagle), Scoutmaster, and father of 1 Eagle and 1 Life (soon to be Eagle).

Never got involved as a kid, but I teach Rifle and Radio at Roy C. Manchester BSA camp in West KY.

Does that include old Eagle Scouts ????
Eagle Scout class of 1962.
God and Country
Brotherhood Member O/A - Echeconee Lodge 358
Served as Council Aquatics Director for Central Georgia Council
My cousin and I started the first intergrated Boy Scout Troop in the Central Georgia Council in 1972
National Camping School graduate

The Kraken:
Does that include old Eagle Scouts ????

Once an Eagle, always an Eagle!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom