Votes: 25 26.9%

Votes: 32 34.4%

Votes: 22 23.7%

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • 5 or more

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is 'teen' a language? (I've got a couple of kids that speak in acronyms...).

On the other hand, I know a few Americans that are proficient in 0 languages. (You should hear them butcher what they think is English).

French with near-fluency. Arabic proficiency. One of these days, I'm gonna start learning Lingala, Dutch, and Spanish too (in that order).

I can only speak one language. That's not bad and doesn't set me back on anything that I want or need to pursue.

I am too old to learn another one, maybe! I wished I had, just wasn't anything available, or any reason to consider it, at the school I went to way back when. The coal mines certainly didn't require it!

I can say "beer," "please" and "thank you" in several languages, but I'm really only proficient in one. I used to be fluent in German decades ago, and am sure I could pick it back up quickly if I had to.

Despite my linguistically challenged nature, I try to learn enough of the native language in each country I visit to at least show respect to the people whose country and culture I'm visiting.

there's only one language, anything else is jibberjabber

littlekitnerboy:
French with near-fluency. Arabic proficiency. One of these days, I'm gonna start learning Lingala, Dutch, and Spanish too (in that order).
Mbote na yo! Just out of curiousity - why are you going to learn Lingala? Are you going to DRC??

English, SQL, PLSQL, Fortran, and a smattering of C and JAVA...as well as phrases in Spanish, German, French and Italian...:)

Mike

English and Mandarin Chinese, with English as my native language. Spanish and French work much better if I'm just listening or reading rather than trying to speak, and I'm currently working on learning Japanese.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom