• 2 per year

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • 6 per year. One every second month.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • 12 per year. One every month.

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • 1 every week

Votes: 25 11.8%
  • I don't care and believe that shark finning or culling is morally wrong.

Votes: 89 42.0%
  • I find this poll disturbing and hopelessly flawed.

Votes: 61 28.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ohnoes, its gonna eat us!! :eek:
[video=youtube;N9IA1jCF2pw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9IA1jCF2pw[/video]
OFHNOES ITS LOOKING AT ME!!

Holy ****! Its coming straight for me!!!

Sounded like this fellow had done this kind of thing before without a problem. Didn't make it less risky - or stupid.

Perhaps, but has nothing to do with your original premise, nor as an argument for your poll.

THAT SAID, should you choose to use the pictures and videos from those, we shall overwhelm you with others that more truly support our position. We will be spoiled for choice whilst you will really have to dig to find anything further to attempt to support your position. AND we will be bringing DIVERs to the fore, whereas you will only be able to lamely resort back to referencing non-divers.

-

Last edited:
THAT SAID, should you choose to use the pictures and videos from those, we shall overwhelm you with others that more truly support our position. We will be spoiled for choice whilst you will really have to dig to find anything further to attempt to support your position. AND we will be bringing DIVERs to the fore, whereas you will only be able to lamely resort back to referencing non-divers

Looks pretty harmless to me. How many people have they attacked and killed in the area in question lately.

I'd imagine there would be a few people on this thread that would have volunteered to carry on the experiment judging by the poll results.
Well finally you got this one dead right, it would indeed be your "imagination" that plays the primary roll in your assessments.

Yet the total concept of (humans actually being able to understand and respect the requisite significant roll that natural apex predators play. The comparatively insignificant roll of human recreation. Taking self responsibility for risk taking and recognizing escalated risk and weighting the consequences wisely). Appears to be beyond your imagination and ultimately comprehension.

I suppose this will streak well elevated beyond your grasp but is clearly well understood by most ( I imagine judging by the poll)

Last edited:
great white attack.jpg
Oh NOOOO! KILL IT! KILL IT! Great White attack. Send for the WA butchers!

Netdoc, I'd suggest it is time to lock the thread.

The first sensible post from you that I've read.

On the other hand, the majority of replies indicate how isolated your POV is. That's good news.

Give a good reason.... users seem to be interested in the topic. When the interest wanes the thread will die a natural death.

Why? Because you can't come up with a valid argument against the many of us who have actually dived with sharks (including great whits in my case)?

I doubt anyone is happy when a shark mistakes a human for food (even if they find the human tastes terrible and spits them out), but when we enter the ocean we are immersing ourselves in an environment where we must acknowledge there are risks... just as there are living our lives on land.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom