• 2 per year

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • 6 per year. One every second month.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • 12 per year. One every month.

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • 1 every week

Votes: 25 11.8%
  • I don't care and believe that shark finning or culling is morally wrong.

Votes: 89 42.0%
  • I find this poll disturbing and hopelessly flawed.

Votes: 61 28.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

[video]http://www.spike.com/video-clips/gytf2i/land-shark[/video]

Candy Gram!!!

They're already doing this!!! Don't you follow hollywood?
reversescubasuit_528_poster.png

Is this the prototype for Sharknado ?

Foxfish.......... go home and stay out of the damn ocean. In fact, you better just go ahead and stay in your home from now on. There's snakes and crocs and spiders and scorpions and lightening and box jellies and stonefish and sting rays and cars and people with guns and bacteria and viruses and terrorists and the sun out there -- all those things might get you too. I let you know when I've culled everything and it's safe to come out.

Some people's freaking kids.

It's the shark's ocean -- NOT YOURS.

The Muppets definitely right on it increasing exponentially. Population goes up... More go in water which increases likelihood of attacks since more Muppet flapping good around in the sharks natural habitat.

Number of drowning victims will increase too.
Number of car accidents and deaths will increase
Number of heart and health conditions will increase and there for deaths relating to those conditions.

Get the trend yet? U could almost consider sharks trying to help population control so please swim more fox

The Muppets definitely right on it increasing exponentially. Population goes up... More go in water which increases likelihood of attacks since more Muppet flapping good around in the sharks natural habitat.

Number of drowning victims will increase too.
Number of car accidents and deaths will increase
Number of heart and health conditions will increase and there for deaths relating to those conditions.

Get the trend yet? U could almost consider sharks trying to help population control so please swim more fox
Indeed.
What could be interesting is how the relation between population and the various incidents develops.
As in is more people per driven mile getting injured and is more people per in-water hour getting tasted?
Not that it even MATTERS to me if more people get injured for each in-water hour, what matters is the cause of WHY more or less people are tasted per in-water hour...

Foxfish.......... go home and stay out of the damn ocean. In fact, you better just go ahead and stay in your home from now on. There's snakes and crocs and spiders and scorpions and lightening and box jellies and stonefish and sting rays and cars and people with guns and bacteria and viruses and terrorists and the sun out there -- all those things might get you too. I let you know when I've culled everything and it's safe to come out.

Some people's freaking kids.

It's the shark's ocean -- NOT YOURS.

I'd suggest this post sums up the sentiments of many who have posted on this thread. The last part "It's the shark's ocean -- NOT YOURS" is typical Greeny ideology. It captures the idea that the sharks have some kind of territorial claim to the ocean and that human life is of no greater value than that of a shark. In fact I've heard many Greenies argue that the life of the shark is of greater value.

They offer little sensible justification for their arguments apart from vague generalisations and appeals to Greenie dogma. The thread provides many examples of how these misguided 'believers' gain their support. Most are content just sit on the sidelines and ridicule any one who challenges their beliefs. Others offer skewed statistics or twisted arguments to justify their position and sadly believe their own deception. The more fanatical ones resort to bullying and threats.

This is a US based forum. The incidents of a fatal shark attack is relatively low. It would be interesting to hear from Aaronriot how many fatal shark attacks have occurred within 300 km of where he typically dives. Apparently he lives about 500 km from the coast.

Making these kinds of claims sitting behind a keyboard in these circumstances is easy. The matter is brought into sharp focus when people travel and dive near some of the hot spots for fatal shark attacks around the world. Most people on the poll have indicated they'd dive regardless of the risk of a fatal attack which is plain stupidity but it serves to highlight the kind of fatalism that naturally follows from Greeny ideology.

Last edited:
Making these kinds of claims sitting behind a keyboard in these circumstances is easy. The matter is brought into sharp focus when people travel and dive near some of the hot spots for fatal shark attacks around the world. Most people on the poll have indicated they'd dive regardless of the risk of a fatal attack which is plain stupidity but it serves to highlight the kind of fatalism that natural follows from Greeny ideology.

You're absolutely right. You should leave us and our "Greeny" mindsets to die a horrible death by shark attack. Please don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out

I'd suggest this post sums up the sentiments of many who have posted on this thread. The last part "It's the shark's ocean -- NOT YOURS" is typical Greeny ideology. It captures the idea that the sharks have some kind of territorial claim to the ocean and that human life is of no greater value than that of a shark.
I really hope that we have evolved as humans and are now capable of recognizing territorial rights. We look back now as Aussies and are (or should be) embarrassed that it took so long to list the local Aboriginal population as something other than Flora and Fauna:doh: The US didn't recognize slaves as human for an embarassing amount of time too:shakehead: What will future generations think of our determination that humans take precidence over everything in pre-existing ecosystems the moment we enter them?

In fact I've heard many Greenies argue that the life of the shark is of greater value.

Umm:no: I am not as Green as some but I worked in the ambulance service long enough to start thinking that perhaps some humans have questionable value:idk:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom