• 2 per year

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • 6 per year. One every second month.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • 12 per year. One every month.

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • 1 every week

Votes: 25 11.8%
  • I don't care and believe that shark finning or culling is morally wrong.

Votes: 89 42.0%
  • I find this poll disturbing and hopelessly flawed.

Votes: 61 28.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But the fun wears off and the longer his troll-like behaviour is threaded out the longer it will go on and on and on, especially as new posters come into it. He's already got at least 2 threads going with the same premise and unstopped he'll continue to add to them.

But.....shark....attacks.....will......continue.....long after this thread dies.....think about it.....

Only the man-eaters Hank. And Belizean land sharks.

35 pages, this post should never have gone beyond 1. I would expect this question from some clueless person at a cocktail party.

Only the man-eaters Hank. And Belizean land sharks.

:D I had a post deleted. I was checking to see where the line is drawn.

I wonder how many sharks have died from eating people? Think they are cycling a petition to get humans eradicated from their waters?

I wonder how many sharks have died from eating people? Think they are cycling a petition to get humans eradicated from their waters?

If all the humans were doing is cycling a petition I wouldn't worry about it. But when they start removing the apex predator from the food chain it has impacts that we humans don't have the skills to even begin to comprehend. First off, it won't work unless you eradicate ALL of the sharks ... they move around, and new ones will just come in to fill the void left by the ones that get killed. Then, if humans do somehow manage to "eliminate the risk", something else will become the apex predator ... and there's no telling at this point whether or not it will pose either more or less risk to humans. What we can bet on is that it will fundamentally change the environment we're diving in ... and if you're uncomfortable in that environment as it exists, then the most rational course of action would be to just not go there.

This whole scenario reminds me of the one that played out in the American west during the nineteenth century. I suspect Foxfish would've fit in well in that world ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I've also had a post deleted early on, ergo, I know where the line lies, at least for me. I've since seen far more egregious posts in a similar vein. Perhaps my biggest mistake was posting a line buster too early in the process.

And in other news....Ste Wart you beat me to the croc..lets not forget the deadly elephant seal which is now terrorising south west beaches, I think we should all seek environmental asylum somewhere safe like Bhutan.

Supreme court challenge today by GREEN political party and sea shepherd regarding the legality of the tendering process and public consultation process. Legal fight over shark kill policy - The West Australian

Thanks for the update.

Back
Top Bottom