• 2 per year

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • 6 per year. One every second month.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • 12 per year. One every month.

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • 1 every week

Votes: 25 11.8%
  • I don't care and believe that shark finning or culling is morally wrong.

Votes: 89 42.0%
  • I find this poll disturbing and hopelessly flawed.

Votes: 61 28.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And in other news....Ste Wart you beat me to the croc..lets not forget the deadly elephant seal which is now terrorising south west beaches, I think we should all seek environmental asylum somewhere safe like Bhutan.

:chuckle:

It was on a friends FB feed.... who lives in the Philippine. No idea how he found it first.

I worked in Broome for a bit, after you get over the nice sunsets, there's not much to do without a 4WD and that croc was probably the most interesting thing to happen up there for an aeon.

Divers, we are SCUBA divers. You asked us as "divers". Stick to your own question if you cannot go away. (I'm compelled to say this is a very peculiar psychosis you have.)

Divers, we are SCUBA divers. You asked us as "divers". Stick to your own question if you cannot go away. (I'm compelled to say this is a very peculiar psychosis you have.)
He see no difference between surfers and scuba divers.
That website of his used a very "factual" language btw (yeah, that was sarcasm)

Here is one to get you started.

GREAT WHITE SHARK ATTACKS IN SOUTH AFRICA | Facts and Details

South Africa has a beach that had six fatalities in five years according to this article. All the attacks were fatal.

Surfer savaged to death by a shark at South African beach dubbed 'the world's deadliest' | Mail Online

You may find some of the photos disturbing.

I can keep going if you want other hot spots. South Africa has quite a few and their statistics seems worse than our own.

As far as common sense goes, unfortunately it is often anything but common. Have a look at the poll on this thread. Most of the divers on the forum would jump in without a second though at these locations.

He see no difference between surfers and scuba divers.
That website of his used a very "factual" language btw (yeah, that was sarcasm)
Foxfish, there are only two possible explanations that I can see:

1. You are deliberately ignoring the fact that the diving realm and the surface are two different things and that attacks on divers are extremely rare so that you can get someone, anyone, to be fooled into thinking that attacks on surfers have some relevance to attacks on divers.

2. You are a complete and utter imbecile who cannot understand that difference.​

Please explain which of the two is the correct choice. If there is a third possibility that I have somehow missed, please explain.

Geez John! Why are you encouraging him? He has a mental problem. He cannot control himself. He is compelled to go on and on and on AND has done so on other forums to the point of being banned. We here at scubaboard are assisting him in his psychosis. If anyone needs me do,. I'll pull up links to verify my premise.

Geez John! Why are you encouraging him? He has a mental problem. He cannot control himself. He is compelled to go on and on and on AND has done so on other forums to the point of being banned. We here at scubaboard are assisting him in his psychosis. If anyone needs me do,. I'll pull up links to verify my premise.
Well, maybe some people WANT him to get banned and just help pushing him over the edge?

If I ever get attacked by a shark in our +2 celcius flooded mine, then I will have a serious problem, that the shark is not really part of.

OK, because I have participated in this thread as a regular member, I am not supposed to step in as a moderator. I won't. But I will now make a warning to people about what I see happening here. When I mentioned my two possibilities above, I was actually serious. I obviously don't think he is an imbecile. My only conclusion, then, is that he is deliberately ignoring facts in order to stir things up. Deliberately posting in this way is the classic definition of a troll. Trolling is not allowed in this forum, and if it were more obvious that he is doing this, he would be moderated for it.

But although he keeps repeating the same stuff again and again and again and again, he is doing it in a civil manner that does not in itself violate the ToS. What he is doing, though, is driving everyone else mad to the point that they violate the ToS in their frustrated responses to him. My post above was on that edge, and several others have been there, too. So please don't let him do that to you. I don't think civil responses will do any good, and uncivil responses put you in violation of the ToS. Silence is probably the best course.

I think a comparable question would be "How many Foxfish threads would it take to stop you posting on ScubaBoard?"

My response would be "far more than actually occur" ... it's just one of the risks of the activity, and the benefit I get from participating in the activity far outweigh the potential risk of encountering a Foxfish ...

... besides ... tickling a troll can be kinda fun sometimes ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom