How many countries have you lived in?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife and I have lived in six. US, S Korea, Brazil, Singapore and now Australia. Our three year old son is on his forth country. Born in Brazil. Moved to the US for 8 months then off to Singapore for two years then here.
Honestly dont have a clue as to how many I have visited.

Live in:
USA
Germany

Visited:
Mexico, Germany, Honduras, Netherland Antilles, Yap and Palau Micronesia, Bahamas, France, Italy, Belgium, Netherlands, Austria, Switzerland, Lichtenstein

Dived in:
USA
Mexico
Bonaire, Netherland Antilles
Honduras
Bahamas
Micronesia

I have been to three countries so far. India, Malaysia and Sri Lanka are the three countries I have lived in. I went to India and Malaysia for a youth exchange programme. It was a great opportunity I got, had a wonderful time while exchanging the cultural traditions, food and etc. Also I went to Sri Lanka for a vacation with my dad. That is the best island ever.

Defining lived in as having the residents permit and a library card.... 4 (UK born and bred, Denmark, Germany, and now France)

I must also be about the only person on the board to live in one country (France) and cross the border every day to work in a different country (Luxembourg). Makes it interesting for the kids, the daughter at age 6 3/4 is fluent in English, French, and Luxemburgish and has a far better knowledge of German than either of her parents.

Jon

England, Scotland, Netherlands , Belgium, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, France, Spain, Colombia, Panama. Costa Rica, Cuba.

I have been very fortunate to have lived and worked in 4 countries and visited 32. Currently working 6 days a week in Qatar and diving every weekend we get a chance. Looking very forward to meeting new diving buddies when I retire to my home in Mexico in a couple of years.

If staying in one place for more than a month, can it be stated as living in that country.

South Korea, Taegu - 9 months
Australia, Melbourne - 9 months
Thailand - 1,5 years
India - 1,5 years
Germany, Gladbeck - 1,5 months
Indonesia, Kuta - 2 months
Nashville, NC, USA - 1 month

All these were intense and action rich periods of time, thank you for the cool persons we hanged out together. A bit off the topic, still worth mentioning, personal favorite, a place which knows the correct times to contact overseas friends.

A bit off the topic, still worth mentioning, personal favorite, a place which knows the correct times to contact overseas friends.
:rofl3: Don't you just love those 4:00 am phone calls that start off with "What time is it over there?"

Back
Top Bottom