How many CMAS certified out there in US ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am a CMAS diver certified in the 1980's and I have nothing but positive things to say about the CMAS I learned under. However, 516 dives later I require a new card and have received absolutely no help from this new CMAS America. You would think that the shops who wave the CMAS banner would at least want my money. I even sent emails to all the right places and after a year, nothing...

I am CMAS 2* and PADI advanced - which agency is more prevalent in South American dive ops? Not sure which card to use.

My father was certified by CEMAS 21 years ago in Israel!

I certified CMAS Three Star (PADI Divemaster/IDC equivalent) with the Russian CMAS agency at a dive club in the Middle East. It took me the better part of two years and a 100 plus dives but the training was very thorough and in depth. The 'course' was very club orientated and not like a commercial course at all (I have done some PADI courses to compare).

CMAS for me was very much like BSAC is in the UK, club based, focussed on good training and becoming an active member of the club. I would recommend CMAS or BSAC through a club environment to anyone.

If CMAS started offering course compressed into four or five days I suspect it would just go the way of PADI - teaching to a standard, time limit, and checklist with an BIG eye on the bottom line.

CMAS for me was good because it WAS NOT trying to be PADI but was trying to fulfil a different niche.

Cheers - P

Im CMAS Instructor **. I worked in the Dominican Republik and nobody there knows CMAS realy good. That was a hughe Problem for the CMAS-Divers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom