How many BPs do you use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have two identical harnesses ... with one exception. One harness has a single 6 lb. ss plate, while the other has two 6 lb. ss plates. Sadly, the single plate harness is yet to see salt water.

I have a SS 6 pound plate which I use with doubles and leave it rigged that way and an aluminum with SS STA I leave rigged for singles. My drysuit is a bilam and I use 200 gram top and bottom style thermal wear which is fairly light (compared to some I've seen) and I really don't have to change adjustment much betwen 3mm, 5mm and the drysuit to use either plate.

Mike

The answer is always MORE GEAR!

This is why I have a Steel as well as an Alluminum.

My Eclipse has a 6 lb SS BP and SS STA. I have a Aluminum BP on my doubles rig. :palmtree: Bob

Interesting thread.............

Way back, there was a very in depth discussion about how a BP/W can grow with you and was therefore a much better value than a BC..........:)

It would seem that for most BP/W users you end with multiple complete rigs, setup for each type of diving, wet/dry, warm/cold, singles/doubles...........

I use three rigs......

AL BP with 18 lb wing for warm water AL 80 diving (my travel rig)
SS BP with 36 lb wing for drysuit single tank diving (my local rig)
AL BP with 60 lb wing for doubles diving

Nor sure what webbing others are using the stuff I have is a little stiff and real pain to re-adjust once it gets set to the plate..........

M

Actually I have 2 plates and 2 wings that I mix and match. The wings are more specific, singles or doubles. Plate is dependant on exposure protection and fresh or salt dependant.

Only one at a time. :rofl3:

Jorgy, I prefer the stiffer webbings over the soft webbings for the harness. Obviously I make an exception for the crotch strap. :-0

Moving from 7mm/coldwater to 3mm/warmwater is a small adjustment where the harness goes through the bottom of the plate, even with the really heavily resin'ed webbing on my DSS steel plate its not too hard to do. I used to mark the webbing with a silver sharpie, but by now I intuitively know how much adjustment will be needed.

Another guy with three plates and wings dedicated for diving singles with no wet suit, to diving doubles in a drysuit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom