how long will it take to recieve DM c-card?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Get your instructor to check on it for you. He can sign in on Padi's website and see if it is issued; when it is he can also get your DM number for you. Give it a week first for mail delivery and such.

Will do. Thankx.

...even the amount of time it takes to receive your C-Card.

For some reason, and I don't remember the details at this point, but it takes longer in Texas.

You were supposed to register with PADI BEFORE you started your DM course. Nobody mentioned this to me until I was completely finished with my DM training.

As a result, I had to wait about about 3 weeks for PADI to process my PADI registration, THEN I had to wait another 2-3 weeks while they processed my Dive Master application and finally sent my C-Card.

Anybody else from Texas remember any of the specific details for receiving Professional level certifications? This extra step is for Professional certs only, not OW or AOW.

I did send in my Pre-DM application, but only about 2 weeks before I sent in the actual DM application. I guess that means I may be waiting a little longer. Thanks for the heads up.

mine has taken well over two months and i even called and they had not been able to find it so they rescand and sent another ,, still dont have it, but the day i completed the coures i was to start work (for pay) so my instructor called padi and received my DM NO# for me!!!and though i dont still have my DM card i will complete instructor this weekend!!

Very nice to know!! I was just worried that if I got all the way down to Cancun for my IDC, and didn't have my card, that they might try to send me home. But....sounds like that won't happen. Thanks!
Jo

scubajoh44:
Very nice to know!! I was just worried that if I got all the way down to Cancun for my IDC, and didn't have my card, that they might try to send me home. But....sounds like that won't happen. Thanks!
Jo

Well then you'd just have been on vacation...:D

scubajoh44:
Very nice to know!! I was just worried that if I got all the way down to Cancun for my IDC, and didn't have my card, that they might try to send me home. But....sounds like that won't happen.

Get a signed copy of your DM application to take with you, or the checklist that shows you've been signed off on all the skills, exams and exercises.

Or if you're really paranoid, fax it down to the people in Cancun now and ask that it's sufficient for you to attend.

I spoke to a CD who had nothing to do with any of my training prior to an IDC, and she was happy with word of mouth reference from the instructor who had done the majority of my DM training. But then, NZ is a small place and everyone knows everyone else....

Are you going straight into the IE after the IDC? That may be more of an issue and you may need the DM# in order to sit the IE.

Yes, I'm doing IE the day after the IDC. Will the IE people take my DM number? I'm not going untill May, but some people have said it has taken them up to 3 or 4 months to get the card.

Oh, and yes....I am a little paranoid.

Back
Top Bottom