SDI Open Water C Card - Turnaround Time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jmneal107

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I completed my checkout dives on June 3 and have yet to receive my card or even an email from SDI about my completion and diver number. Does it typically take this long to receive it or is it something my dive shop has not done? I plan to follow up with them this week but figured I'd see if this is normal. I do have a temp card signed by my instructor but that will run our July 3. Thanks!

I completed my checkout dives on June 3 and have yet to receive my card or even an email from SDI about my completion and diver number. Does it typically take this long to receive it or is it something my dive shop has not done? I plan to follow up with them this week but figured I'd see if this is normal. I do have a temp card signed by my instructor but that will run our July 3. Thanks!
You receive your temp card as soon as your instructor submits it into the system.

FWIW, around the beginning of June, there were a few problems that resulted in payment, but the students weren't listed as certified in the system. I was chatting with SDI about this yesterday regarding one of my students.

I'd recommend you contact your instructor/shop. If that doesn't work, you can chat with HQ on the website. They're always super helpful.

You receive your temp card as soon as your instructor submits it into the system.

FWIW, around the beginning of June, there were a few problems that resulted in payment, but the students weren't listed as certified in the system. I was chatting with SDI about this yesterday regarding one of my students.

I'd recommend you contact your instructor/shop. If that doesn't work, you can chat with HQ on the website. They're always super helpful.
Thanks for the info. I spoke with my shop yesterday and they said it would be available late this week or early next. Not sure if the delay is on SDI's end or the dive shop's. Hopefully sooner rather than later!

From my experience, it often comes down to your instructor. Once the CCard order is "in the system" it usually takes less than a week to push it thru and have it ending up in your - or your instructors - mail box.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom