How long does YOUR tank last?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Haha I'll help even things out. I've managed to suck back a tank in 35ish min in slightly shallower than 40... I was cold and working against the current for a bit. On other calmer dives I've managed 45ish in colder ~70ish degree water. Still have a lot of work to do on my breathing!

It's actually one of my big goals for an upcoming trip. Getting in and staying in a good, calm, slow rhythm.

When I was at your experience level (assuming your profile's correct) I'd have celebrated at getting that kind of time. My friends used to tease that they could see the sides of my tank cavitate when I took a breath ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Keep in mind that those of us who aren't very good on air are not bothering to post.

Oh but you should ... otherwise it kinda skews the results.

I once did 114 minutes on an AL80 ... but my average depth was 8 feet ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

here you go, lets balance the scales

max 50ft avg around 40 for 40 minutes, back out with 500psi out of 3000

reading the times that the experienced divers get out of a tank makes me realize how much i have to practice lol

I don't dive AL80, but on my steel 100 I can do appx 100 to 110 minutes on at 40 ft if I am in "lazy" mode and it drops to about 80 minutes if I am in "Tired of being poked by fish to see if I am dead mode"

Daru

Hi everyone, I was just wondering how long people's tanks last on average. I just want to see how I compare. I am aware that many things go into this, so dont tell me that. Lets keep it simple..Al80 air, 40ft depth just sight seeing with low current.:cool2:

Ok, I have to go Meters on this - keeping in mind that I will have to be back on the surface with at least 50Bar reserve. Avg Surface Breathing Rate 15L/Min - so 2220L in the tank - 555as reserve. 1665L breathing gas. at around 2Bar Ambient pressure.

Around 55-60min.

I haven't read all the other posts - but if your is less than the replies you get - don't worry about it - just dive more often - stop smoking if you are smoking -

if you are a guy never never ever compare your breathing rate next to a woman - apparently ladies don't need to breathe underwater
icosm05.gif

Nearest depth square profile dive I do is on an area we call "Car Cemetery" which is 15M (49.21 ft) and my time is usually 90 mins to 50 bar from a starting pressure of 200 bar on an Al80 with Nitrox.

My SAC is very average. 20l per min at home in the cold, 15l per min in warm water.

The other day we measured one on my instructors SAC's. Small female, diving everyday, her SAC came out at 6L per min.

So in a 40ft dive on an Al80 she could do 120min if my maths is right. And that's with a whole 50bar left.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I can usually stretch a 12 liter (80 cu ft) tank to about 2 hours easily at a shallow depth like that in a warm-water, low-stress dive and get back on the boat with a 35 bar (~500 psi) reserve.

Back
Top Bottom