How long does YOUR tank last?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... there's a lot of slow breathers in here ... :shocked2:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Oh but you should ... otherwise it kinda skews the results.

I once did 114 minutes on an AL80 ... but my average depth was 8 feet ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

My longest dive was 45 minutes. Starting pressure was 3100, ending 800, max depth 8 meters, average depth 6 meters, SAC 0.85.

Yes, I am an air hog.

I usually have to pee about 3 times on a AL80 at 40'.

I actually have a lot of dives with the profile you are asking about but cant really answer since most boats ask you to be back on the boat in an hour. I can tell you at the end of that hour i usually have about 1200-1300psi left out of 3000.

Let's do the arithmetic. I have a SAC of between .5 and .55 in warm, clear, still tropical water that approximates a bathtub—Bonaire, say. 40' is 2.2 ATA (40/33 + 1), so I breathe about 1.2 cu ft per minute (2.2 x .55) at that depth. So an AL80 (which holds 77.5 cu ft) should last about 65 minutes (77.5/1.2), neglecting ascent and descent.

Haha I'll help even things out. I've managed to suck back a tank in 35ish min in slightly shallower than 40... I was cold and working against the current for a bit. On other calmer dives I've managed 45ish in colder ~70ish degree water. Still have a lot of work to do on my breathing!

It's actually one of my big goals for an upcoming trip. Getting in and staying in a good, calm, slow rhythm.

My longest dive was 45 minutes. Starting pressure was 3100, ending 800, max depth 8 meters, average depth 6 meters, SAC 0.85.

Yes, I am an air hog.

Probably should mention this was in 7.2 C water :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom