How long did it take to get your Smart computer back?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cstreu1026

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
For those that have or had a Uwatec Smart Computer that had to be returned, how long did it take before you got the replacement? I have a Smart Pro wrist that was returned to the dive shop where it was purchased in early August. I had not heard a thing, and decided to call Uwatec. They called the dive shop and magically it is on its way back to me. I'm a little peaved by having to call Uwatec to get any info on it.

I just spoke to Eric at Uwatec today. They have the Smart Pro wrist models in stock for sales to dive shops. I received my Smart Com several weeks ago. I think Uwatec has done a pretty good job of handling the recall. It sounds like your LDS is to blame, not Uwatec.

I got mine back in less than three weeks, including shipping time cross country. Yell at your LDS.

I am going to do better than yell at them....I am going to take my business else where. Hit them where it hurts...the pocket book. I was planning on purchasing another new scuba pro reg and a console computer for my wife but you can bet that it won't be from them. I have been jerked around by them for 11 months waiting for a warranty card for my Mk25/S600. I decided to send an email to Scuba Pro last night. I got a response today and they are going to print a new warranty card for me and I should have it soon....just in time for my yearly service. So as I see it they just cost themselves a sale that would have been in the neighborhood of $1000-1200. But hey they gained a disatisfied customer. I wonder if anyone ever told them that word of mouth advertising is the best and worst form...its the worst when you screw up becuase everyone is sure to hear about it.

I fully agree with a previous feedback about Scubapro. I had Uwatec Air X, untill I gave it to a local distributor in Lithuania. He was so smart that managed to broke my computer. After all he was trying to tell me that I gave hime alreday broken computer.... Sounds funny... After all I send this computer by myself to Germany Scubapro. To Mr. Cristian Holfelder, Manager for East Europe. It was 4 months ago..... Since that time I only receiving only promises after my reminders. On 6th of November I'm going to Red Sea but I don't believe that they will repear or replace my computer. So, rsume: I think Suunto Cobra is quitte good computer maybe I should buy it.

Tomas

I haven't had any problems with Scubapro customer service, although it did take around 3 weeks for my SmartCom to get back to me. Once I called Eric, he got it out ASAP.

Their customer service is great. I shipped mine back on a monday, and got the new Smart Com in one week. And was in the water on Saturday.

Sent two Smart-Coms purchased from "Leisure-Pro". Received new computers exactly sixty days later. Very satisfied with the communication and speed of return. RC

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom