How long are most OW courses?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yoshua - Just curious, but who did you get your cert with? I did mine on Maui, also, and thought my instructor was fantastic, as well.

I stayed in Kihei and went through Scuba Shack, my confined dives were at Ulua, great beach for diving and snorkling, spent most of my personal time there with a snorkle even when I wasn't diving :D

My instructors name was Jim Dingman, good guy. Wish I woulda known about the 'tipping your dive master' at that time because I definately would have left him a nice tip. I paid through scuba shack and didn't know about tipping.

Most take a little more time than the one you took, but they seem to be getting shorter all the time. One weekend classes are becoming very common and lately that one weekend has been including the check out dives. The average class is extremely poor.

A good class will have 16 or more hours in the pool in sessions lasting no more than two hours each and a similar amount of time in a classroom. It's much better if it is spread out over several weeks. Good classes are becoming harder to find.

I hope Walter will agree with me, as I agree with him on the above.

If you feel rushed or mowed over, you were rushed and mowed over. You should know and feel comfortable with what your taught in all aspects in and out of the water. Not just feed to you what you need to know to fill in the blanks on the test.

Back
Top Bottom