How is this rig?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharpenu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I took the plunge today. I ordered my BP/W setup. I ordered the following today:

Oxycheq Signature 30# wing from Scubatoys, $285
Hammerhead Aluminum plate with STA and rigging, $120
2 Cam bands and OMS back pad from Leisure pro, $88

Total was just under $500.

We will see how this does. I am hoping to not need a weight belt with this setup, since I dive with an HP120. Being in Florida, I can dive with no wetsuit most of the year. Since the empty tank and BC are a combined -5, I should be good. I will try it in the ocean next weekend after a pool dive on thursday.

Hi there,

It's a great setup especially the Oxycheq wing. I have the exact same setup for my girl and the only difference is the cambands and a oxycheq backpad.
Anyway, you might want to put a weight pocket on the upper cam band as I had trim issues using a al plate. I get feet heavy and go vertical everytime I stop LOL!

Cheers,
SangP

Wow,
Nice pickup. Looks like you did your research. The best of several manfacturer's at a great total price. Let us know how you like the oxycheq. I've heard nothing but good things.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom