How is this guy an instructor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll watch the video later but please remember that there are no requirements for "recertification", no requirements for continuing education, etc. for instructors in the regular agencies, so while he may have passed at one point in time, there is no accountability for devolving and very little you can do about it unless there are standards being broken.

Meh, what an amateur. I have trained humboldt squid that I use for my stress and rescue courses.

That is one syllabus I haven't shared with SDI HQ.

I have learned the hard way to make sure students pay in full before the start of class.

How did you know he was a NAUI instructor?
Relax. Every agency has bad instructors. For NAUI, I can think of two. Try a simple search of Koray Gerce Naui and you find him.

Here is one hit: Koray Gerçe | Ayvalık 3 sea dalış merkezi

1674691351498.png

Relax. Every agency has bad instructors.

I wasn't arguing that he isn't a NAUI instructor, I was merely curious how he knew that he was a NAUI instructor. I didn't see anything in the video about agency and hence I wondered about it.

He is also a "Tssf/Cmas 2 ** Diving Instructor".

I just tried to look him up in the NAUI system, he doesn't exist in the system. This means that he isn't a NAUI instructor or that his NAUI instructor status was revoked or that he never renewed as an instructor with NAUI.

I'll verify it with NAUI HQ tomorrow.

I wasn't arguing that he isn't a NAUI instructor, I was merely curious how he knew that he was a NAUI instructor. I didn't see anything in the video about agency and hence I wondered about it.

He is also a "Tssf/Cmas 2 ** Diving Instructor".

I just tried to look him up in the NAUI system, he doesn't exist in the system. This means that he isn't a NAUI instructor or that his NAUI instructor status was revoked or that he never renewed as an instructor with NAUI.

I'll verify it with NAUI HQ tomorrow.
My guess is that he's a former, as there are no NAUI dive centers/instructors in Turkey at this moment per the locator on naui.org.

DIve talk is stupid. Not a fan. That's all I have to add.

How so? What bothers you about it?

I take it as entertainment myself not as "educational"

Back
Top Bottom