How is the museum dive from Cancun?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's not the best dive, but it's worth doing.

The statues are out in the middle of an open sandy area, with not a lot of coral on them (yet) when we were last there. That's been a couple years, so there will certainly be at least some growth. There were a few small schools of fish, but no eels or such at that time. It's still worth it to check in once in a while to see the growth. And the statues themselves are interesting.

We dove it because Sue was doing some buoyancy work with Alvaro and it gave me something to look at while they worked. I also parked my camera on one of the statues and filmed myself doing some Taekwondo poomsae underwater, just to show students that they truly can practice anywhere, anytime. :)

It is not on my list of sites to see.

If you are in Cancun I found the C-58 a pleasant dive. We hit it with 100 plus viz and almost no current.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom