how important oral inflation in smbs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
guys im wondering if having oral inflation in smbs a must? just curios because all of the smbs ive had dint have this feature and i have been fine so far. im looking at getting a primary smb and was wondering your inputs? thanks

You can orally inflate the Halcyon type (LP Hose) valve. Go ahead and try it. It works.

---
Ken

My small SMB is just oral but my big one is both and have an over-inflation valve as well. I've never used the oral inflator on my big one Spoon.

Diver Dennis:
My small SMB is just oral but my big one is both and have an over-inflation valve as well. I've never used the oral inflator on my big one Spoon.

so the small one can only be inflated at the surface?

Spoon:
so the small one can only be inflated at the surface?

No, I use it for safety stops and I've tried shooting it from 50' before. Worked fine but I didn't fill it too full. The big one I've shot from 90', my spool has 100' on it.

Diver Dennis:
No, I use it for safety stops and I've tried shooting it from 50' before. Worked fine but I didn't fill it too full. The big one I've shot from 90', my spool has 100' on it.

thanks dennis:)

rapidiver:
Some folks prefer to have their sausage inflated orally :amazed:

haha good one!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom