How easy we forget our basics.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dumpsterDiver:
My personal belief is that you would be better off doing a slow and relaxed ascent and then blowing off the safety stop rather than violating your computer's ascent rate alarm while you try to hurry toward the surface and do your safety stop at 15 or 20 feet. Clearly, if you had air left over after the slow ascent, you should also do a safety stop, but rushing up to complete deco (or a safety stop) is very risky.

Exactly how I feel looking back on it now and thinking about what I could have done differently. I honestly don't remember hearing my computer go off as I was ascending, but looking at the print out of the dive later, the ascent line was mostly red. As I was ascending looking at my SPG, I kept anticipating that magical point when the air expanding gives you more time. LOL. I was using EAN 30%, if that would make any difference.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom