How Dry I Am...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by DivingGal
You're now ready to have fun up north here. Just give us Canucks a bit of a warning - no we're not going to hide, we'll just have to find the appropriate place to hold the party!
Beleive me....Coming up to play with you, OD, and the other divers is a definite on my agenda....Especially after I knock out my Advanced EAN and Stage Deco classes.

I will be getting with you all shortly to get details and start planning.

Hey, who needs the Carribean when you got good friends up north! :) Good friends, Good wrecks to dive on, and Good beer to drink....and I'm all set! :)

Mike,

Thanks for the post. It was very helpful since I'm starting down that same path.

More equipment to add to the pile!
Life is good.

DSAO

Drysuits are good.... :)

So now that you have a handle on it you'll need to venture North Young Man!

I am getting a plan together for february! Check out my post in north america.

-kate

Kate...

Sounds like I need to start planning the "TexasMike World Tour 2002"!!! :D :D

I already found out that a local shop plans some dives up in the St. Lawrence during the summer, plus I want to go back to NC in July for their wrecks.....

Puget Sound wouldn't have a sunken Ferry Boat by chance would it ? :p

I really gotta sit down and plan out things. Tonight I put some bucks down to purchase a OMS IQ Harness and Wing (on my merry way to BP/Wing, and why do I see ID and LY with a big grin when they read this?), and I've indicated high interest in learning to DM for my favorite instructor. Plus I want to do the following this next year:
  1. Learn Advanced EAN and Staged Deco (through TDI)
  2. Go to Coz for the first time
  3. Check out the Flower Gardens again (especially now that I have more dives under my belt and since the Rinn Boats allow you to bring your own tank, you bethca I'd bring a a high capacity steel tank for more time on the bottom)
  4. Do Tom Vyle's Rig Dive & Jazz Fest trip.
  5. Possibly purchase a dry suit (LDS has current offer for FREE customization if I put down some money by Dec. 25).
Boy! I'm sure glad I'm single and have relatively few expenses outside of basic existance. I'm gonna be one busy diver!

And we have tugboats and sailboats and barges.... Not to mention the odd lawn chair or toilet. But hec you've probably seen one or two of those in your swamp diving career. :)

-kate

Kate -

I really thought the toilets were a private thing...
No respect anymore.

Big T

Originally posted by Uncle Pug

BTW if anyone is interested in why ankle weights require extra weight on the belt let me know....it is counter intuitive that adding weight would require adding more weight.

Okay - I'll bite. Why would adding ankle weights require adding additional weight to your belt?

Originally posted by reefraff
Okay - I'll bite. Why would adding ankle weights require adding additional weight to your belt?

Sheesh!
That only took 16 days...
I almost gave up trolling....:snore:

Reefraff.... first let me say I really like your name...
It has character...=-)

When you wear ankle weights your feet are down and your head is up and you swim with a large *angle of attack*.....

Thus you generate lift....
To counter this lift you must have extra weight....
Some even add this extra weight as extra ankle weights....
Most just pile more on the belt....

This allows you to swim without rising....
But as soon as you stop....
You sink....
Feet churning the bottom....
Hands waving frantically....:bounce:
Doin the *Rototiller*
"Hey, why does this visibility always suck around here?"
You say...

Get rid of the ankle weights....
Get rid of the extra suit gas....
Get rid of the extra weight on your belt....
Trim yourself to swim horizontally....
When you stop.... you stay put....
You back will thank you....
The divers following you will thank you....
The reef will thank you.....
Shoot, I'll even thank you!!!!

As a follow-up to my original post....I wanted to brag a bit and say that the dry suit is on order. I'm getting a White's Catalyst. :hat: After much discussion with local Tekkies and the regional TDI/SDI rep, they all thought highly of this line and model.

So now I'm on the dry side.....now I just gotta save up for them fancy undies.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom