How does DIR recommend attaching

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GeronimoDF

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,
Looking a some information. I bought a wrist computer and would like to attach the OMS Brass Pressure Gauge to the BC. The gauge is hooked up to a 24 inch hose, how does DIR suggest hooking the gauge to your BC? Does anyone have any pictures? What I am confused about is since the gauge has no point of attachment, what do I buy to attach it ?

GeronimoDF once bubbled...
Hello,
Looking a some information. I bought a wrist computer and would like to attach the OMS Brass Pressure Gauge to the BC. The gauge is hooked up to a 24 inch hose, how does DIR suggest hooking the gauge to your BC? Does anyone have any pictures? What I am confused about is since the gauge has no point of attachment, what do I buy to attach it ?

Use some cave line (I use a zip tie) to tie a bolt snap to the hose at the metal end piece. Clip it off to the D-ring on your left waist.

You can see a picture of it here (my hose is way too long and the surface was way too hot in this picture)

This can be a little challenging if you don't have a BP with a harness that has a D-ring on the left waist.

What kinda BC do you have?[

Hello,

you attach a SS boltsnap, a big boltsnap makes things easier, to your SPG either with caveline or a ziptie. you then use the boltsnap to hook your SPG to your left waist D-ring.

Hello,
Thanks for your quick response guys. I will do exactly what you have suggested.

jonnythan that picture was taken at Dutch Springs Right on the left side?

Danny

Hello,
Thanks for your quick response guys. I will do exactly what you have suggested.

jonnythan that picture was taken at Dutch Springs Right on the left side?

Danny

You got it. That was our first dive of the day.. got the fire truck, the copter, a pair of boats, and the bus. Next dive we hit the pump station (cool as all get out), then the third dive was the last 1000 psi of the tank going from the fire truck back around to the pump station at about 20 feet.

Get out there a lot?

I get out there a few times during the summer. Was actually there on Friday, Saturday and also Sunday. Were you up there this weekend? Did you buys the 1 1/8 or the 3/4 Stainless steel bolt snaps. John, you heading up there again?

Danny

Another way is to loop a tank valve o-ring through a SS clip, take the head off of the SPG, and slide the o-ring and clip to the desired point. Liquid soap helps with the sliding part.

Check DiveRite's web site for diagrams.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom