How do you wash/clean the wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well drying is not likely and it's not something you want to force with the sun or an appliance.

We do a dunk rinse in a barrel of clean water after every dive day. Every month or so when things assume a stench we spike the barrel with Myrazime or any of the enzyme based odor killers. Suits should the be hung in a clean dry place out of the sun on broad hangers that will not make the neoprene crush under the heavy weight of a wet wetsuit.

If gettting into a damp suit is tough use a little suit snot. Mix about 1/3 cheap hair conditioner with about 2/3 water in a pump spray bottle. Spritz the lubricant on your arms and legs and slide right it. Probably not a big deal with a 3mm shorty.

Pete

Just put a little bit of shampoo in the tub, enough water to cover the w/s, slosh it around a bit, drain and then rinse with fresh water.

Or just take it out back and hose it down real good with the garden hose.

Put in in the dryer on "AIR", "GENTLE" or something like that and tumble it dry.

the K

the K

I have a plastic tub you can get at any farm and garden. I fill it with water and common dish soap and soak it for a while and then spray it off with a garden hose,hang it up to dry in the garage,,,,

With the humidity in Miss ?!?!?!!?
Geeezzzzz . . . it'll be wetter when ya bring it in than it was when ya took it out !!!!

the K

i wash mine in the machine after every dive 'session' - not every dive, but like the end of a dive weekend. it's a front loader, which is safer for delicates or unusual fabrics. i use that commercial wet suit shampoo, sometimes mirazyme, usually listerine in the rinse water. then they get hung over the tub a while.

Ah just pee on it, theres no smell quite like it than a wet wetsuit that somebody has warmed earlier on in the day!

Freds :coffee:

We use either wetsuit shampoo (which is specifically made for wetsuit materials so they don't break down as rapidly) or sink the stink. We don't recommend putting wetsuits in machines or forcing them to dry. The agitators can catch the suit and rip and tear them. A lot of people get a tote bucket and put the shampoo or sink the stink in it, soak a little while, rinse with fresh water (if shampoo, no rinse needed with sink the stink), then hang to dry with the larger wetsuit hangers.
http://www.crazyscuba.com/pd_sink.cfm

Good luck,

Britt :fish:
:fish:

Back
Top Bottom