How do you tie the bungee so that the mount would pass over Drysuit wrist ring...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hongrace

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
and fit on the arm snugly? I found you have to stretch the bungee loops so much that they almost break (or they tear the mount flange) to pass over the drysuit wrist ring. Also I want the mount to fit over wetsuit as well. Any tricks?

and fit on the arm snugly? I found you have to stretch the bungee loops so much that they almost break (or they tear the mount flange) to pass over the drysuit wrist ring. Also I want the mount to fit over wetsuit as well. Any tricks?

What are you using for bungee?

Tobin

What I do is size them for the drysuit and carry a couple small zip ties in my bag. When switching to the wetsuit I take the loops that pass through the top and gather them up with a ziptie. No extra wear and tear and easy to switch from one to the other. Go from wet to dry? Cut the zip tie and pull the bungee back down through. Have a compass and bottom timer with the DSS mounts and do this to both of them for the past 5 years or so. Still using the same bungee and guess I've used maybe $2.00 worth of zipties in that amount of time.

I'm even cheaper. I just tie an overhand knot when tropical diving and then untie it when I return to drysuit diving. No problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use 1/8" bungie, which is very stretchy. I have no problem getting the mounts on over dry glove rings, although if you are overly aggressive, the bungie will eventually cut through the mount -- but that's no big deal; they aren't expensive to replace, and it takes several hundred dives to eat through one.

I've tried two different strategies for adjustment for wetsuits. One is just to tie an overhand knot in the end of the loop that goes around the wrist -- quick and easy, and pretty easy to take back out when you get home. The other is to pull up the bungie through the mount, and tie a knot to keep it from sliding back. This has the disadvantage of ending up with a loose end poking up or down (depending on how you have things tied) AND the single knot in the bungie is MUCH harder to untie later.

A less secure, but nifty, solution is to size the bungees for drysuit diving. Then, for wetsuit diving, pull the extra slack through one of the holes and loop it over the face of the instrument mount. The disadvantage of this is if the loop-over somehow comes undone, there would be a great deal of slack in the bungee which could contribute to the instrument sliding off your arm.

I also use 1/8-inch bungee. It seems to have just the right amount of stretch to get over my bulky drysuit rings (Viking Bayonet).

I added a generous length of 1/8-inch bungee and zipties to my save-a-dive kit. Very helpful stuff to have on hand.

I have used many different sizes on these great mounts and found the size that slides through the holes easy works best. To thick starts to cause issues with the mount over time.I also size it for the dry suit and when wet just loop the extra back around itself. Since 90% of my diving is dry.

Back
Top Bottom