How do you Like your Dive Rite QB 16 weight system?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

timten

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi Everyone,
I'm looking for reviews on the Dive Rite QB 16 weight system. It will go on a Hog harness and only have 3-5 lbs per side. I was thinking of mounting it vertical to save a little belt space. I've already tried the belt and don't like it, and really like the idea of having quick ditch weight. Thanks,
Tim

I've got the old DR QR pockets in both 16 and 32 lbs (big ones for the drysuit when I lived in SoCal) and the newer DR QR pockets, but have yet to figure out where I find them most comfortably mounted - horizontal or diagonal. So far I'm liking diagonal better.

BUT most of the time,now that I live in warm water turf, I use my velcro XS scuba (linked above) instead with 3-4 lbs.

I've got the old DR QR pockets in both 16 and 32 lbs (big ones for the drysuit when I lived in SoCal) and the newer DR QR pockets, but have yet to figure out where I find them most comfortably mounted - horizontal or diagonal. So far I'm liking diagonal better.

I prefer vertical because a) it gives more room on the belt for a cutting device or a utility pouch (picking up small trash or extra weights to help dial in novice divers' weights), and b) it takes a conscious effort from me to ditch weight.

Back
Top Bottom