how do you change a low pressure hose on a Halcyon Halo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vilinsky

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone know how to change a low pressure hose on a Halcyon Halo? I to change the size of the hose length on my second stage. Thanks.....

I'm going to assume this is a genuine question and will also assume I understand the question correctly. Unscrew it from first and second stage and screw on a new one. Don't do it it up too tight, finger tight and a little tweak with a spanner. Make sure you hold the heat exchanger on the second stage to prevent it from turning, you'll need two spanners. If this makes no sense to you either ask someone who can do it for you or take it into a shop. I usually add a small dab of grease to the threads. Good luck.

You guys don't need to be condescending to the OP. Halcyon regulators are re-branded Scubapros and probably have those silly splined fittings that require a special wrench. Also he may not be sure about o-ring placement.

You guys don't need to be condescending to the OP. Halcyon regulators are re-branded Scubapros and probably have those silly splined fittings that require a special wrench. Also he may not be sure about o-ring placement.

I didn't know that, and apologize for any perceived condescension.

It wasn't my intention to be condescending, I was trying to help.

Actually, I really thought it was a trick question; like "how many _____s does it take to change a light bulb?"

Never crossed my mind.
If there is any silly splined fittings I would have thought Halcyon would have that removed/modified.

It wasn't my intention to be condescending, I was trying to help.

Your post was helpful, I was commenting on some of the other less helpful posters. We were all newbies once and some of us were trained through dive shops that did not discuss equipment in depth. I think it would be better to ask a question than to crack a case because of not using a backup wrench.

Back
Top Bottom