How do you celebrate 100?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jmcd16

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
On the boat I work on/was trained on, we have a tradition where your 50th dive = topless and your 100th dive = naked. It's how we celebrate! A newly highered (experienced) instructor told me he'd never heard of such a thing (and here I was thinking it was SCUBA Bible-type ****)...

So how do YOU celebrate?

Sorry....but if I paid good money to be on that boat where there was a 100th dive being celebrated, it better be a sexy woman. I have NO desire to see a 55 year old man that's drank too much beer jump in naked. :) I'll settle for a free beer on the way back for mine.

101 through 110.

Around here, naked diving would be a once in a lifetime experience. Way too cold for such silliness.

I was in a drysuit with lots of thermals for my 100th dive, too cold for a nude one...

For each 100th I have a picture taken underwater (as does my buddy) :) Though my 200th was solo so I had to get someone to take one on the boat after the dive!

Anyway, I like this tradition as it is interesting to see how my gear and type of diving has changed over time :)

I've heard of nude dives for dive 69 and for dive 100. This is the first time I'ver heard of topless for dive 50.

Usually, the dive is celebrated by friends doing something nice for the person reaching the landmark dive. A group of us in Florida often present dive flags to the diver. The flags are marked to indicate the achievement and signed by friends.

I marked my 100th, 500th, and 1000th dives the same way ... a picture underwater and a nice dinner after the dive with friends.

#500 and #1000 were in special places (Maui and Bonaire, respectively) ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I didn't do anything special at all on mine, I did mention it to the divemaster on the boat who made an announcement on the way back to shore (I about died of embarrassment), but that was it. At least we were on a good dive for my 100th, my wife's happened in the local quarry on an equipment checkout dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom